|Dealer Index||B&B's||Map||Contact Us||History||Links|
NEW OXFORD - "The little Town with the Beautiful Circle" derived its name from an
ox-head sign at an old inn near a creek ford. The word "New" was added to make a
distinction between a similar town in Chester County. New Oxford was laid out by
Henry Kuhn in 1792 as the town of "Oxford-town", the lots at first being apportioned by
lottery at $10.00 per ticket.